Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Missing Link?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/05/19/2009-05-19_missing_link_found_fossil_of_47_millionyearold_primate_sheds_light_on_.html

The implications are tremendous and though it has only been unveiled hours ago, Google has already created an advertisement and drawing on its homepage linking to both this article and the search pages for it, driving searches for both Creationist and Evolutionist users.

Visiting the website, I'm not surprised by it, but if I were a strict and pious internet user, I think I would probably be offended by it. I know my grandmother, who fits the description, would be angered by it.

But what if this is the missing link? The animal that bridges the gap between simians and sapiens (so to speak)...would we embrace it? Or collectively reject it? Is it too much right now to accept this as 'proof'?

No comments:

Post a Comment